Beiträge, die gegen unseren Disclaimer verstoßen, werden kommentarlos gelöscht und der Verursacher ggf. gesperrt.

Willkommen bei The Ultimate Rover 75 Website

Club Seventyfive Website
Willkommen
  Zur Zeit gibt es keine News   Du bist nicht
eingeloggt

Sprachen
Sprache für das Interface auswählen

Dutch English German

Allgemeines
· Home
· Topics
· Umfragen
· Web Links
· Fördermitglieder
· Impressum
· Merchandisingshop
· DSGVO
· Schwesterklubs

Wissen
· Forum
· Artikel Archiv
· Downloads
· Enzyklopädie
· FAQ
· Testberichte
· Werkstatt-DB

Community
· Bildergalerie
· TreffenAktuell
· Sonderkonditionen
· Registrierte User
· Private Nachrichten
· Dein Account

Spenden

unterstützt The Ultimate Rover 75 Web Site!

Wer ist Online
Zur Zeit sind 645 Gäste und 0 Mitglied(er) online.

Sie sind ein anonymer Benutzer. Sie können sich hier anmelden

www.r75.info :: Thema anzeigen - Wheel and Tyre Change ?
Wheel and Tyre Change ?

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.r75.info Foren-Übersicht -> Technical Help Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
rainady
Reg. User

BeitragVerfasst am: 11-06-2003 11:51    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

The last two cars I have had were coupe's and enjoyed driving those cars very much. But recently we had a little boy and found very quickly that you need so much more room for the stuff you carry around.

Well we bought a nice condition 99 V plate 2.0 V6 75 Con SE. Its a great car, loads of room compared to a coupe, four doors and lots of toys to play with.

But it drives like a barge. Now I knew that the car wasnt going to handle like a coupe but Im a little dissapointed by the handling of the 75. Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to throw the car around but it does seem to lack power at low revs and the car does seem to go where it wants.

My question is, will replacing the stock 205 65 15 wheels and tyres with 17 inch rims and low profile tyres make any great improvement to the handling, or will I have to upgrade the suspension to gat any great improvement?

Im not saying I want to make a sports car out of the 75, just make the car a little more fun to drive. I know, if I was to change wheels and tyres, it would make the car a little noisier, but how much?

Would replacing the stock air box with a cold air unit make much difference in performance? The gearing on the 75 seems a bit odd with 1st and 2nd being a bit high geared and 3rd, 4th and 5th being a little low geared, Im wondering if by upping the power a little with low cost improvements (new baby takes financial priority) will improve the overall drivability?

Please dont get me wrong, Im not trying to make a cheap ZT, just trying to stop me getting bored with the car very quickly.

Maybe somebody should tell me to relax and enjoy the silent cruising of a very cheap exec car.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Mintman
Club SeventyFive
President
Club SeventyFive<br>President

Rover 75 Tourer
2.5 V6
Automatikgetriebe / Automatic Transmission
Connoisseur SE
White Gold

BeitragVerfasst am: 11-06-2003 18:21    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Andy

Welcome on board

First look at the posting under"Rover Tracking" in this intl.corner.

Second i must say that the 2.0 V6 engine is a real leazy one,gliding not racing.

So i must regret that there are nearly no issues to improve the engine accelerations. There's a software update for the 2.0 V6 at your Rover dealer which improves the acceleration a bit but.........

I'm a bit surprised by your statment that the Seventyfive is bad to drive,its the first complaint in this forum bout the handling and suspension.

Last but not least i must inform you that the 75 is not so suitable for tuning coz all tuning devices will definitly remove all the specific caracter of the car and the philosophy of driving "smooth and easy going" will be damaged for good.

You're right ;for your purpose a MG is the one to choose.

Best wishes Mintman
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Galery
steven
Reg. User

BeitragVerfasst am: 12-06-2003 08:50    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

hi rainady

got the same problems with mine.
although holding the steering wheel very tight the car feels as if it moves from left to right and it goes to where it wants to.
especially at high speed car feels very uncomfortable and not very safe as it seems that the car is loosing traction in turns.
went to my garage and had it checked (suspension etc.) but they told me that everything is o.k. changed tires with no better result.
so if this is the "normal" its very disappointing.
if you have any further information please let me know.

steven
rainady
Reg. User

BeitragVerfasst am: 12-06-2003 08:58    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Fair comment Mintman,

But as I said in my post, Im not trying to create a cheap ZT just try to better the 75 a little. The 75 is great and I am starting to get used to it. Bear in mind, the last two cars were more sport orientated and I suppose I just have to get used to a smoother more relaxed form of driving. I know my wife enjoys sitting in the lap of luxury, and my baby sat in the back isnt being battered by every pothole in the road.

I suppose I just have to chill out and enjoy. The Rover 75 is a great car, lots of bells and whistles, and at a great second hand price. For the same money on a new car, I would be driving a real tin can of a car.

All I have to do now is get the cruise control sorted out and look forward to the next glide down the motorway at a ridiculous speed because you just dont realise how fast you are going.

Andy
Art
Reg. User

BeitragVerfasst am: 12-06-2003 11:00    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

@steven
You should check with an other garage. As Mintman pointed out the R75 isn't a sports car but it is usually not bahaving the way you described it as well. I know that over the 160kmh mark on the motorway, the sharp kurves made me feel a bit uns
rainady
Reg. User

BeitragVerfasst am: 12-06-2003 12:56    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks guys.

I think I will get some wheels and tyres anyway. The current 15inch 205 rims are the old design which are not as nice as the newer wheels available and the tyres are a un-known brand which may not do the car justice.

Im sure wheel and tyre change isnt going to make a huge difference, but asthetically alone its gonna improve the car.

Put a private plate on it and nobody will know how old the car is.

Im just a snob really

Andy
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.r75.info Foren-Übersicht -> Technical Help Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst Deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst Deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.